"Healthy Neighborhoods Make A Healthy City"
Project HANDS is a non-partisan, non-for-profit group of concerned people. We seek to protect and promote a safe, family friendly living environment within the city limits. Macomb, Illinois is a WONDERFUL city in which to live, work, go to school, and do business. We want to keep it that way.
HANDS stands for "Homeowners and Neighborhood Development Strategies." The problems homeowners and neighborhood members face are complex, multi-causational, and require long-term, multi-faceted, solution-oriented approaches.
Through the use of activism, education of residents (both full-time & part-time), grass-roots networking, and the establishment of strong neighborhood coalitions, our group seeks to address common problems we believe are faced by the inhabitants of our fair city. We hope to find solutions for issues facing small cities such as ours. These issues include:
- A decreasing quality of life in our city from noise & traffic
- An increase in urban blight
- A decrease in safe, family-friendly housing and neighborhoods
- An increase in unsafe &/or unsightly rental properties
- Chronic violations of existing city ordinances
- Challenges which harm town-gown relations between our city and Western Illinois University
If you would like to help protect your home and neighborhood against these problems, please contact us for more information.
We would like to thank Infobahn Outfitters for their technical assistance and expertise in helping us move this site to our own place on the net, thereby making this site more accessible.